Looking for a tasty porridge alternative for winter? Perhaps you’d like to add a little extra protein to your muffins or increase the fibre intake of your recovery smoothie?
Enter Lupin, a legume relative of the peanut that is amazingly low in carbohydrates, yet high in protein and completely gluten free.
Lupin is also…
- An extremely rich source of plant based protein and dietary fibre.
- High in essential amino acids needed for muscle recovery and growth.
- Very low in phytic acid with less gut irritation than other legumes.
- Richly satiating with appetite suppressing qualities.
- Shown to reduce blood pressure and help reduce glycaemic load of carbohydrate based foods.
- Helpful in aiding bowel health and treating constipation.
- A great source of prebiotic to feed our healthy gut flora.
- Gluten free, low GI and non GM.
- Extremely sustainable; its growth requires minimal watering and chemical fertilisers.
- Grown mainly on Australian soil.
How can I use lupin?
- Add 1 tbs lupin flakes to your smoothie to boost the protein and fibre content.
- Crumb fish or chicken with lupin flakes then shallow fry for a crispy and delicious crumb.
- Use half and half lupin flour to ordinary or gluten free flour in cake, muffin and biscuit recipes to pump up the mineral and antioxidant levels. A great one for kids to supercharge their lunchbox treats.
- Add ¼ cup of lupin flakes to your favourite curry or stew to thicken and help satiate.
- For breakfast, try this lupin, coconut and apple breakfast bake to start your day with more protein and fibre
We stock various lupin products…
- Lupin Flour (great for baking)
- Lupin Protein Cookie Pre-Mixes
- Lupin Crumbing Mix (ready to coat your fish and chicken)
- Super Lupin Protein Power Bar Pre-Mixes
- Super Lupin Turmeric Rice
you may also like