This light, fragrant Vietnamese inspired noodle bowl is rich in nutrients with a dynamic combination of grass fed, organic beef, miso, edamame noodles, seaweed and vegetables. Miso is a fermented soybean paste rich in vitamins and minerals whilst also nourishing to the gut. Combined with protein rich edamame noodles and iodine rich seaweed, this delicious lunch or dinner bowl will leave your tastebuds satisfied and your tummy satiated.
what you need
- 1 Pack of Eco Organics Edamame noodles
- 1 pack of seaweed sheets, sliced finely (we used Nutritionists Choice Sushi Nori)
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cup finely sliced kale
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 Litre water
- 300 grams of organic, grass-fed beef strips (we used The Meat-ing Place organic beef strips)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 3-4 Tbs Miso paste (we used Rice Culture Shiro (White) Miso)
- 2 Tbs Niulife Cocomino Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Black chia seeds
- Lime wedges to serve (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
what to do
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Remove from heat, rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat 2 Tbs sesame oil and fry beef strips until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large pot bring water, red onion, fresh ginger, miso, seaweed, and teriyaki sauce to the boil then simmer for 15 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Set up 4 large bowls and divide noodles evenly into each bowl.
- Pour broth over to half fill each bowl.
- Top with finely shredded cabbage and kale, fried beefs strips, capsicum slices, halved eggs, optional lime wedges and a sprinkling of black chia seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.