It can be a tough gig trying to create delicious and inspiring foods when either you or a family member has a food allergy that rules out a complete food group. With everything from gluten and egg, to nut and dairy sensitivities, we all know someone who must be extra mindful of every morsel they put in their mouth.
It can also be time-consuming and arduous to cook and bake EVERYTHING from scratch. So we thought we would let you know our 5 favourite allergy friendly brands for when you just need a little extra help in the kitchen.
Food to Nourish
Food to Nourish inspires to create genuinely healthy gluten free foods with an aim to use Australian sourced, organic ingredients wherever possible. They are also proudly GMO Free and use no sugar, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives in their products.
Their range of products includes:
- Activated nuts and nut butters
- Paleo friendly bread, muffin and pancake mixes (The Fruit Bread is divine)
- Sprouted snack balls (If you have not yet had one of these, you are missing out!)
- Activated breakfast clusters
Gluten Free Food Co
With a motto to ‘just eat real food’, Gluten Free Food Co likes to keep it simple and wholesome, using organic and minimally processed foods, while leaving gluten, eggs, dairy and nuts out of the picture. They have a whole range of delicious and nutritious products that are perfect for school and work lunches.
- Protein patties
- Bread, cake and muffin mixes
- Pizza base mix (homemade gluten free pizza has never tasted better here)
- Vegan Mac n Cheez
- Dairy free frosting
- Allergy friendly sauces and gravy mixes
- and more….
Spread on a smile everyday as you dig into a jar of Everymite, made from mineral rich black sesame seeds with added coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar to promote healthy digestion. Everymite is the perfect Vegemite alternative but without any yeast, grains or added preservatives.
Perfectly suited to:
- Paleo or Keto diet followers
- Coeliacs or those with gluten sensitivities
- Vegans and vegetarians
- Those suffering vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Candida sufferers
The entire range of Niulife is made from certified organic, sustainably sourced, and ethically produced wholefood ingredients. With a strong support on fair trade, Niulife ensure that 100% of ALL profits go to the village communities to sustain their own thriving local economy. If you go nuts for coconuts, you’ll love Niulife coconut based alternatives for all your favourite products.
Niulife range includes:
- Extra Virgin Coconut and MCT oils
- Coconut Amino Sauce (perfect soy-sauce alternative)
- Cocomino Fysh Sauce (great for Asian inspired cooking)
- Coconut Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Coconut vinegar alternatives
- Coconut butter and ghee
- Coconut based baking goods including flour, flakes, sugar, syrup and more
- Nourishing body products such as soaps and moisturisers
‘Be well and live deliciously’ is the motto of award winning and proudly Australian, Roza’s Gourmet. With over 50 varieties of mayonnaise, mustard, pesto, chutney, chilli sauce, dips, soups, bone broth and crackers, Roza’s Gourmet will be wow you with their flavours.
Each product is gluten free and made with love using fresh ingredients free from artificial preservatives. There are also plenty of options available for dairy free and vegan dietary requirements. Try their amazing vegan mayonnaise and every 20c will go to Humane Society International Australia who works to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals and people.
An honourable mention must also go to Naked Byron Foods for their delicious vegan mayonnaise range made using ‘aquafaba’ (from chickpeas). It’s also completely soy free which is a rarity in the vegan mayo world!
you may also like